Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

ENJOYING BLESSINGS, While Staying Vigilant

Ephesians 6:11-12, Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

The day after Christmas....the day after we are reminded of the most high blessing we could ever receive, the birthday of Son of God being born. Many of us also received many other blessings during this season, some of these gifts were items, some monetary and some were actions. Some received all of these and some none. I myself feel very blessed for what I have, what I received and what I experienced. I didn't fail to give thanks for all of this and feel humbled. In one of my devotionals "Jesus Calling" (Sarah Young), she wrote: "I AM THE GIFT that continuously gives-bounteously, with no strings attached." Gods blessings and grace are the biggest Gift of all. Yet there are powers out there, that even on the most renowned Christian holiday, are hard at work to try and steal or destroy these blessings. Thus the opening scripture today.

We must always, yes even on Christmas, be prepared for the enemy to try his best to cause mayhem and destruction in our lives. I awoke this morning, not sure of what the day would bring, yet I felt this deep sense the enemy was working behind the scenes. I am not sure what he is trying to do, I am not sure which direction he is going to come at me, but I know he is lurking out there...waiting. 1 Peter 5:8, "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." You see I have had many blessings this season, from grace, to gifts, to even the ability to visit with family. I am so deeply grateful and I know there are more to come. Yet I know, I felt this sense of heightened alert, as I know the enemy is very cunning and patient (2 Corinthians 11:3, But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.). The Holy Spirit alerted me this morning and then gave me peace right after. However, while experiencing this I couldn't help shake the feeling of something looming. I know it can come through many channels, including attacks on my Loved ones, friends, or even myself. With the Holy Spirit granting me peace I know the attack has not been or will not be successful. As I know God has me covered. Psalm 46:1, "God is a safe place to hide, ready to help when we need him."

In the past I would have worried, angered and been unable to shake the sense of dread. That in itself would show not only that I was untrusting in the Lord, but left the door open for the enemy to sneak in and steal my blessings or at least damage them. Deuteronomy 28:47-48, Because you did not serve the Lord your God with joyfulness and gladness of heart, because of the abundance of all things, therefore you shall serve your enemies whom the Lord will send against you, in hunger and thirst, in nakedness, and lacking everything. And he will put a yoke of iron on your neck until he has destroyed you. Satan is constantly looking for these open doors, even in believers, to capitalize on. He will use doubt, deception and even rumor to build doubts or questions. This will manifest into all sorts of UN-Godly decisions and actions, none of which end in anything good and can only cause destruction and hurt. God wants none of this for any of us. Be on your guard. If you are experiencing any attacks in this season, ask God for His help. Isaiah 54:17, "no weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, declares the Lord.” Stop trying to lean on your own understanding of the situation and asks for Gods perspective. I used to try and figure it all out, you can see where that got me. Now I let God be my defender, my protector and my voice in times of struggle. He is my navigator, my counsel, my Love of Loves, my Savior, my deliverer and my Father in Heaven. 

You see God not only protects me, He surrounds me with people who have nothing but Love in their hearts for God and me. Like God they have only good intentions for their actions involving me. When the enemy cannot get to me directly, he will enlist the help of others close to me who may be vulnerable for one reason or another. If your circle is complete, your Loved ones are not open for attack, then he will wait. I have grown attune to what the Holy Spirit whispers to me. I then pray and ask for Gods strength, wisdom and fortitude to Honour Him in my actions or responses. I once, horribly failed everyone in my life including my God and although I am far from perfect I am attempting to not repeat my failures. God wants nothing but good things for my life and yours. Romans 8:28, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Ask for Him to redeem you, live your life to Honour Him and see what amazing things He can do in Your life. Let go of the past, the hurt, the anger, your own failures and let God move in you. I promise everything in your life will change for the good. There will still be struggles, but they will seem insignificant with God guiding you through them. 

I trust God to fight my battles, but when they come to my door I trust he gives me the weapons I need to fight the enemy on his own ground. He has delivered me from so very much, mostly my own self. I TRUST in Him for everything. I am thankful for everything and I do not question even the smallest of blessings as this can only be seen as being unfaithful to my God. I feel Gods grace moving in my life daily and I am proud to serve Him in whatever form He directs me too. The enemy will have no foothold to build a stronghold in my life ever again. I know there are still those out there that question me, I am okay with that as I know when they find God, they too will see me through Gods eyes. Even some Christians do not see me through Gods eyes. For those I know they are trusting in themselves and not in God, as I have done many times in the past. Proverbs 28:26, "Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered." This is a lesson hard learned and can be very very painful. Yet once we trust in God, all becomes clear and easy to handle. I trust my God to protect me in all things, not just a few. I implore each of you to rebuke the enemy, trust in God for ALL things and enjoy the life He wants for you. Proverbs 3:5-6, Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.  

Let's Pray: Father God, we ask You to look into the hearts of the weak Father. Give them the understanding and the strength to look to You Father. To let You guide their lives and to follow without question. I know this is a difficult concept, and the enemy counts on that Father. I also know Your promises Father and I hope many many more get to experience those promises. I pray that if they are struggling that You show them the light and keep the enemy at bay. Father forgive us for our sins, strengthen us to face what is to come and we thank You for Your grace which is undeserved. We ask all this in Jesus name...AMEN. 

No comments: