Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Friday, December 7, 2012

The Constant Struggle for Patience and Peace

Habakkuk 2:3,  For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay. 

God's timing seems to be superseded by our impatience and a world full of people demanding instant gratification. You can turn on the TV daily and see examples of this, infomercials full of get rich quick schemes, news filled with those who have fallen attempting to shortcut their way to the top and commercials telling us about convenience and speed of a business. We are being trained to demand it all now. Yet God says, wait. His timing is perfect and deliberate. Still nearly every one of us try to rush Him, trying to transfer our sense of urgency onto our Father in Heaven. We know full well, this will not speed anything up but only cause ourselves some unneeded suffering. Instead we must learn to stop and wait for God to show us the path and open doors.

Now there will be times we are asked to move and times we need to be still, so that God can work in our lives. To know which we must listen ever so carefully for Gods word. If we are not careful we will follow our own will and, well, you know how that will turn out. The Greek word for patience is "makrothumia". This translates as "long suffering or endurance". Suffering actually produces endurance, so in the long run the more suffering you experience the more patient you become. Romans 5:3,  "More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance," That is surely something you did not want to hear, although it does make sense. The scriptures are full of those who suffered and until they truly understood it was Gods timing and not their own, the suffering continued. Once they understood the Kingdom principle and submitted to the will of God, they fell under the protection of God and their lives seemed to improve. 

I believe we cause ourselves so much unneeded suffering just from our lack of patience. I watch people get angry in traffic, lines (especially at Christmas) and even at work. If someone or something does not meet our expectation of speed or want, then we tend to become offended or angry with them or it. If you cannot see it yet, this behavior is clear...it is selfishness in its purest form. Not a behavior God favors. We are instructed to Love in all circumstances, even when your in a hurry. John 13:35, By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

I clearly understand this principle, but there are times I get frustrated. For over a year now I have been struggling trying to find full time employment, full time living arraignment and get back to being self sufficient and productive. Now i can say that during this time my relationship with God has bloomed, my peace and understanding has found new meaning and life itself has found a new importance. I too get impatient or frustrated at times. Calling on God to show me something. However, God has been keeping his promise to me, He keeps me fed, I do have a roof over my head, no matter how unconventional and i am clothed. I thank Him daily for these things. I even have felt inspired to write again as you can tell. Now I pray God shows me favor in the other areas soon. If not I will stand firm, facing the storms of this life and wait (not as patiently as I'd like) but I will try my best. I will listen for the voice to say "move" or "stand still". Psalm 31:14-15, "But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hand..." I know God has me, I know  my children are protected. What more could I possibly demand at the moment and not seem selfish? I Love others even though they may not in return. I judge NO ONE even though some judge me. I struggle with what I find to be my needs in life. Yet in all things I remember, it could be worse and as long as I feel the Love of God I will make it through anything. Isaiah 40:31, "But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

 So for a few moments lets close our eyes, meditate on what we do have and be thankful for even the air that fills our lungs. Then give thanks to our Father in Heaven for His abundance of Grace and patience he shows us daily if not every minute. So when you are in that traffic, in those lines, at work or anywhere else and you start to feel impatient about something, stop and think who is really in charge and don't you think He knows whats best for you? By wanting it right now you are saying you are smarter than our Father and you know whats best. Not a position I care to defend. So remember God's timing is perfect and it may keep you from harm, teach you something or even introduce you to someone who becomes important in your life. Patience is the only way to find out.  "Galatians 5:22, But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness"

 Let's Pray:  Father God, thank you for waiting patiently for us to understand what you desire for us Father. Please forgive us for our sins Father and we ask you grant us the ability and strength to wait on your will for us Father. We do not want to be of this world but of the kingdom of Heaven. So Father help us push out the selfishness we possess and replace it with the Holy Spirit. Help us find that we are not here for ourselves but to Love and serve others and You. Father please grant us the vision to see the direction we are to go. We ask this in Jesus name....AMEN.


No comments: