Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Out of the Darkness

Acts 26:18, To open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.

Darkness....What comes to mind when you hear this word? Well, now lets add a few words like come or turn from the darkness, this should bring to mind a time in our life that wasn't very good. We all have a time (some a few of these periods) when our lives were upside down, full of sin, anger, bitterness even unforgiveness, when we were lost, misguided or even on a path of self destruction. Maybe a few of you could be experiencing some era darkness even today. I can't help but just be fascinated with the next portion of the above scripture. First was darkness to light, Satan to God, Sin turned good.  all accomplished through the forgiveness of God and symbolized by moving into the light. 

In this season of Christmas we are surrounded by millions of lights, think about the underlying significance of this. You may think it's all for decoration, but why lights? Couldn't we just used garland, tinsel, bells and such? I believe the light is representing the light of Christ. The symbol of good triumphing over evil. We are celebrating the birth of Christ, so what better way to signify this, than lights....millions of them. I also believe that with the over abundant spirit of this season in people, it forces us all to look inside ourselves. Once the  darkness inside is recognized,  the desire for change becomes stronger. They then seek the light of the Lord for redemption.1 John 2:8-11, At the same time, it is a new commandment that I am writing to you, which is true in him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true light is already shining. Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

If you stop and think about everything around us in this world, it follows the dark to light principles. We tend to not go into the world at night for fear of the evil that lurks, our entertainment also broadcasts this message, even God tells us that in the beginning there was darkness then upon His command, there was light. Genesis 1:2-4, The earth was without form and void, and DARKNESS was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be LIGHT,” and there was LIGHT. And God saw that the LIGHT was good. And God separated the LIGHT from the DARKNESS. Scripture is clear that we are all born of darkness (sin), it is our nature. Then to receive the light we simply ask and believe that Jesus is the way to Heaven. To continue striving for the Light of God, we abstain from sin, forgive others and practice Loving all people, no matter who they are or what our flesh may think of them. Then with that same person, God asks us to go a step further and serve those same people our flesh wants to judge.

In Hebrew the word for darkness is "choshek" which translates to "obscured". Isn't that how we feel without God in our lives? As if our lives are obscured or unclear? The Hebrew for light is "or" and it's defined as "shine". How many Christians do you know that shine? I know many whose appearance is so brilliant in presence, that this can only be of God. Some have very little worldly possessions or status, yet they brighten any room they walk into, appearing full of happiness and Gods grace. I strive for that feeling daily. I am a long way from it, but I know that I will continue to strive and be just as full of peace as they are and in Jesus name, so full of the Holy Spirit that my joy is beyond measure. God is so Great. 2 Corinthians 4:6, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

So in this season, lets all try to not have the "Scrooge" attitude. By this I don't mean you have to run out and buy up the world. I would just  like to encourage each of you to take that extra moment and be kind to everyone you meet. Whether they deserve it or not. Remember if God gave us what we deserved it would not be pleasant at all, yet He gave His ONLY SON for the one purpose....OUR SIN. 1 Corinthians 15:3, For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures. So I believe it is a small tribute,  for a sacrifice we could never repay, and just maybe we can affect someones life in a positive manner. Who knows that may be the only kind gesture they receive all day or week. Lets come together and put the true meaning of this season back in the word Christmas. Lets help others move from the darkness in to the light. Lets take back this world, put prayer back in school, morals back in Congress and God back in first place where he deserves. It starts with you.

Lets Pray: Father God.....I thank you so very much for this life, and the People you have placed into my world who Love and support me in ways that only a Christian could do. Father I am not proud of my past, yet I am so thankful you delivered me from the darkness. I have never seen so clear, my heart fresh and full of a Love I never known before. Father I ask that you forgive, not only me, but any others who read this prayer and seek Your light Father. Help them too see and feel the Holy Spirit fill them with such a portion of Love, that no words can describe it. Father I pray you reach all those who need you and help each and every person find the peace only You can deliver. And Father I/ We pray that this season of Christmas a record number of people find Your light Father. We ask all this in Jesus name...AMEN.

No comments: