Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Overcoming the Fear of Death

Romans 6:23, For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Many people fear death, I assume mostly because they haven't found our Lord Christ Jesus. Psalm 34:4, I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Some may just feel they haven't lived a full life or that they did not accomplish all they should have. However each of us do not know when this time may come, so I am as prepared as much as I can be in this life. In Romans 6:23 it tells me that for my sins, I should die, Yet God tells me I am forgiven through his Grace which I asked for and received. I continue to try and walk humbly in the eyes of God, while also trying to be warrior for His Kingdom. I still sin and daily ask for help to be better and walk closer with God. This week I have heard a few comments about fearing death, so I felt maybe those fears could be calmed a bit. 

I have been around death quite a bit in my lifetime. I have seen some gruesome things throughout my career and life. For years, i never really feared death. Obviously for different reasons then now, but I like others thought maybe I would only because I didn't get to see my children grow up or something along those lines. Now my lack of fear is based on God and His promises. As I know where I am going. Isaiah 57:1-2, The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death. Don't get me wrong, I am not ready to go, I just don' fear the calling. I look forward to no more judgement, pain or lack of Love. I will embrace the warmth of being close to God. I have seen tremendous fear as well as peace in people who passed in front of me. Now i don't assume to know their destination, but I did notice that the known believers passed rather calmly. I found that amazing at the time. Now I understand it.

God has a plan for each of us. Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Now sometimes I know free will effects these plans and people end up meeting our Father sooner than anticipated. So I believe there is no time to waste in finding and sealing your salvation in Christ. Tomorrow is not promised nor is any other day for that matter. We should never take for granted the blessings God has given us. By waiting for tomorrow to ask for forgiveness or give it, could be too late. Today's prayer will be one of salvation and asking God to forgive us. I normally include a small version daily, I just thought this may be a better time for something more direct.

Let's Pray: Father God, We come to You thankful for all that You do in our lives Father. We do not want to waste another minute not knowing Your forgiveness. We cannot risk knowing You after this life Father. There is urgency, not just in fear as that would be the enemy at work, but in Faith that You can lead us to a better life. In this one and the next. Father we want to become what You designed us to be. We want to glorify and praise You. We cannot go another minute not feeling Your Love Father. There is death and destruction all around us. Now we give our lives over to You, to serve and follow the Kingdom Father. We ask in Jesus name for You to come into our hearts, freely, and wash away our sins Father. As is says in John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." We look to You now for our daily guidance and live to serve you Kingdom. Not only You but others Father. Until the day you bring us home. Father we Love You and cannot thank You enough for sacrificing Your son on the cross for us. We ask all this humbly, in Jesus name....AMEN.

No comments: