Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Monday, September 3, 2012

The Depression Pit, Your Not Alone

Psalm 38:1-12, 1) Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. 2) For your arrows have pierced me, and your hand has come down upon me.3) Because of your wrath there is no health in my body; my bones have no soundness because of my sin. 4) My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear. 5) My wounds fester and are loathsome because of my sinful folly. 6) I am bowed down and brought very low; all day long I go about mourning. 7)My back is filled with searing pain; there is no health in my body. 8) I am feeble and utterly crushed; I groan in anguish of heart.9) All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you. 10) My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes.11) My friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds; my neighbors stay far away. 12) Those who seek my life set their traps, those who would harm me talk of my ruin; all day long they plot deception. 13) I am like a deaf man, who cannot hear, like a mute, who cannot open his mouth; 14) I have become like a man who does not hear, whose mouth can offer no reply. 15) I wait for you, O Lord; you will answer, O Lord my God. For I said, “Do not let them gloat or exalt themselves over me when my foot slips.” 17) For I am about to fall, and my pain is ever with me. 18) I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin. 19) Many are those who are my vigorous enemies; those who hate me without reason are numerous. 20) Those who repay my good with evil slander me when I pursue what is good. 21) O Lord, do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God. 22) Come quickly to help me, O Lord my Savior.

In Psalm 38 David has fallen into a deep depression,  feeling pressures of life and losing sight of God he pleads and describes his feelings and thoughts. I felt over the next few days to explore this Psalm and then Psalm 40 where David will realizes his foolish ways. The mental state and emotion found in these versus , I think at one time or another, we all have had some of these same thoughts or feelings. That is why I think it is important to explore.

Through this chapter David is crying out, his descriptions of his pains and emotions are very descriptive. The first two versus David feels God convicting him, he then describes that he cannot stop thinking about his inequities. The enemy is filling him with guilt and shame, I have been there. The pain is real, the reality of my actions sinking in and the fallout beginning. This is a dangerous place to be in life. His heart literally hurts (vs 8) and finally in vs 9 (All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you) we see that he knows God sees his desires and pain and David cannot hide them from God. Our hearts are wide open to God yet the enemy can only hear our words. Now our hearts are inherently evil (Ecclesiastes 9:3, the hearts of the children of man are full of evil) but we look to God to fill our hearts with Love and Faith. Not an easy thing to see when your in depression.

David goes on the explain how he has been abandoned by his friends and family. His enemies are laying traps for him so that e may meet his demise. He finally admits in vs 13 &14 that he is not open to receiving Gods word. He finally gets quiet to and still, then confesses on vs. 18 ( I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin). He has broken finally, as the enemy steps up his attack in vs 19& 20. He pleads to God to hurry to His rescue in vs 20 & 21. I have been there, feeling faint and weak, no one to turn too. The feeling of standing in the storm alone, can be an overwhelming feeling. The enemy will bring all he has to bear on you at this point as he knows this can be the turning point of this battle. Succumbing to the enemy was never even an option to me. As much as I hurt, I still plead to my Father in Heaven to pull me out. My faith did waiver, but stood in the end.

Psalm 38, is a gut check. Many of these things shared in these versus you can see again in Job, when he feels he can take no more and cries out to God for rescue. I have been there, as I am sure many of you have too. God hasn't forsaken you, He is waiting for you to look to Him. He knows until you look up, His Love and words will not be welcomed. If you are in a similar circumstance as David, look up. Give it all to God, He wants to help. He waits for you, open arms, His Love will pull you from the pit you are in and give you Hope, Faith and Love. LOOK UP!!!!!

Let's Pray: Father God, we know there are many out there who feel as David did in Psalm 38. Father we humbly ask you reach down and touch the hearts of those lost and hurting so that they may receive a small glimpse of your Grace Father. Father we ask You to forgive all of us for our sins Father. We ask you push the enemy back and allow for some breathing room. Father this battle is more real today than ever. The enemy is strong, but Father we know You can send him fleeing and we ask that You do just that Father. Show us Love Father and allow us to be filled with Your Agape Love. Father we praise You for all that You have done in our lives and the sacrifice you made for our salvation. Father we ask all of these things in your son Jesus sweet name...AMEN

No comments: