Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

When The Blessings Come

Philippians 4:16-19, 16) for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid again and again when I was in need. 17) Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account. 18) I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. 19) And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Today, a day on the calendar that I was not looking forward to as it could have been a very negative day. Yet God took this day and blessed me beyond my belief. Tomorrow I have a couple of important interviews and today an organization called and offered to make sure I was dressed appropriately for the occasion. This was a total God moment and I really was surprised and overwhelmed at the gesture.

So as this week has progressed, work has become slow, I started some new classes at church and on Monday I received a call for an interview. One that I was hoping and praying to attain. As the week went on I then received multiple calls from another organization hoping to interview me also. This company was not really something I would normally pursue, yet they worked awful hard at wanting to interview me. So thinking maybe this is a God sent moment I agreed to interview. Both of these interviews will be on Friday. Next order of business......what do I wear? I have clothes to wear to an interview, a little older and used, but nice enough. Then my phone rang and I was advised to be at this store at this time to pick out my new clothes.I hung up and immediately thanked God. Well i went and picked out something that was modest but would do the job. When the representative arrived I was again overwhelmed. I was advised that I needed to keep shopping as they were given a specific budget to spend. I had been wondering just this week how I was going to start replacing some things. God answered this for me. Psalm 40:17, As for me, since I am poor and needy, let the Lord keep me in his thoughts. You are my helper and my savior. O my God, do not delay.

So afterwards I stood at my truck, sobbing wondering what I could possibly have done that could have warranted this blessing from God. I feel all I have done lately is what he has asked me too. I continue to work my ministries, go to my small groups and churches and try to rebuild my life from shattered wreckage. All the while keeping God first and Loving others no matter how they treat or respond to me. I never even asked for this, yet God knew what I truly needed. This was an overwhelming feeling of unworthiness. What makes me so special? There are surely others that could have used this blessing in my stead? Why did God choose me? James 1:17, Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

Accepting gifts has always been tough for me. I  don't know why because I Love to give them, I have just never been one to receive them well. Over the last several months I have learned that God does this for His reasons and to not accept would be not only not allowing others to be blessed, but to tell God I don't need Him in a sense. To overcome this and many other inequities, has taken time and a lot of patience with me form God. I look back and realize I have overcome so many things with Gods help. Before I would have been upset and tried to say I had no one to share the victories with. But God has supplied so many Christian friends to share these times and blessings with, that other situations do not overshadow the moments. 1 John 4:7, Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

I see God working in my life almost daily. I hear God speaking and moving too and around me. Even with all of that I am still amazed at His Grace and Love. God has led me so far in such a short period of time. I share all of this not to brag or boast. But to share in how God can bless each and every one of you. It simply starts with believing. Then following Gods will in your life. For each of us that is different, but I can guarantee you it will only breath Love and Life. If you think He is telling you otherwise, it's the enemy trying one of his clever tricks. So be still and listen, for God will speak sometimes as a whisper in the wind. His blessing will cover you and your family, if you just trust and obey in Christ Jesus.

Let's Pray: Father God, we pray each and every person sees what You have been declaring for centuries. As in John 14:16, Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Father our prayer is that everyone finds You Father. That each of us, listens to the word that You bring us. We all serve You and Your Kingdom without reservation or selfishness. We give freely and serve others with no care or thought of reciprocation. Only knowing we are serving You Father and praising You in doing so. Father we ask of You to forgive our sins, show us how to forgive others and we ask for the strength and knowledge to follow You. Father we thank You for the many blessings that You bestow upon us and we ask all this in Jesus name.....AMEN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations and will be praying for you to secure employment ...