Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Finding my New Purpose & Direction

So today has been a solid day of exploring my future in many aspects. First, praying about what God wants me to do to serve him. Will I be involved in a ministry? Second, what is His plan for my career? For this I am struggling with many issues. Lastly, what is Gods plan for my marriage and family. See most of these questions all hinge on my legal issues and there outcome. Still facing the unknown makes it hard to see clearly what direction I am to take, let alone the confidence to make a decision.

There are several supporting scriptures that I will share here and lets start with the legal issues:

Hebrews 13:6 ESV  

So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?” 

Psalm 27:3 ESV 

Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident. 

1 John 4:18 ESV 

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. 

Now the lack of self esteem/ confidence:

Philippians 4:13 ESV 

I can do all things through him who strengthens me. 

Hebrews 10:35-36 ESV 

Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. 

Psalm 138:8 ESV 

The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.


 As you can see there are many supportive scriptures for my questions and honestly I could have added many more. So my spiritual side prays using these as reference to my compass. Yet the flesh is saying c'mon God, I know this is all in some plan, but I really need a hand here in pointing me the right way before I sink.
I think we all come to a cross roads in our lives, sometimes many of them through our journey. There are times these seasons are not to pressing and the outcome doesn't impact our lives tremendously. Then there are the "rest of our life decisions". The hardest time is when many of these are impacting us at the same time. We pray and don't really see the direction on the compass. Did we miss it? God did you send the helicopter, truck and boat and I just missed them all (a joke if you don't know it ask)?

If you are like me you do not want to make the same mistakes as your past. I almost think I need God to hit me with another board to get me going. Either that or I am to sit on the fence, like many other areas of my life until he prompts me in a direction. Well there is my problem, I have big issues with sitting on a fence and waiting. Don't get me wrong, I am patient. Just not big on waiting when I should be acting. For instance, what do I need to do to fix my marriage God? I keep hearing "Get out of the way". So here I am sitting on this fence, not knowing if I should go left or right.

See as a person who is so used to having answers, fixing things, being the "go to guy", this is way beyond difficult. I trust God shows me a way soon. I know he will, I am trying to be hyper vigilant not to miss the bus when it comes.

So lets pray:

Father God, thank you for all that you do in our lives. God we know you have a plan for each and every one of us. We ask that you show us the righteous path you want us to take. We ask that you grant us the patience to wait, the wisdom to see it when it comes and the strength to follow it as its presented. Lord as sinners we miss the boat on many occasions. I ask humbly ask that you allow us to be on board and our ticket be punched so we can live the wonderful life that you have designed for us. We ask that our fleshly wants, does not cause us confusion. So Lord guide us, give our families the strength to understand our struggles and help us serve and glorify you by taking the path you have so graciously designed. AMEN

I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog and are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, email me. I will never judge you, only encourage you. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG in my life, however I will faithfully follow through with it. Thank you for reading.



No comments: