Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Leaps of Faith with God

Everyday we take little leaps of faith, even though we usually don't look at them that way. You get up in the morning and you pray they kids are all healthy, that traffic is uneventful on the way to your employment and that the work day goes by without any major fires to put out. We kinda take these things for granted. What about the major ones? Will I get that promotion that is open? Can we buy this house? Will she marry me? Will he ask? Will my marriage survive this? Does she/he Love me enough to make this work? Will he/she forgive me? Will they divorce me or will God win out? Ahhh...there it is, finally God is mentioned. See most of us go through our days assuming and taking for granted that God is guiding us. But have you asked him? Better yet have you listened for His response? Have you looked to His guidance for that promotion, house, marriage or even to help save your marriage or are you making those decisions and taking for granted that God is with you? As a parent we ask our children to have faith in us that we will not let them get hurt when attempting something new or facing adversity. Well God asks us to do the same thing, and as our Father, to just trust in Him.

I spent most of my life making those decisions, right or wrong, and honestly most of the time not really caring if God was on my side or not. Now the game has a whole new set of rules and guidelines. I do not make a single major decision (and some smaller ones too), without praying and asking for guidance. Tonight I have a question to ask my wife that is a million times more important that when I proposed to her. I have to ask her to join me for counseling to try and save what my decisions have nearly destroyed (Proverbs 3:5, Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.). I have been praying for over a day on how to ask in a Loving and non controlling way and for her to have a favorable response to the question. While trying not to put any pressure on her. You think I can do this the right way? NO, I certainly cannot, however I know God can work through me to do this exactly right. Now I also have to be prepared for a non favorable response. The entire event will be a huge leap of faith. I could come away feeling hope again, that there may be a chance to move forward. Or I could be setting myself up for a disappointing setback. See I believe God is in control no matter what and I also believe he will give me the answer I need at this moment. Its definitely not an easy thing to do, but I have Faith that God has my best interest in mind.

What leap of faith do you need to take? To put down that addiction? God can stop the cravings and triggers. To restore a marriage? God can heal your hearts. To interview for a new job? God will give you the words for the right job for you. Once you know in your heart, He has your best interests in mind. That he Loves you more than any father Loved any child. You can know in your heart that he will not let you down, he will not let you or those around you disappoint each other. How is this a leap of faith? I have been writing for a couple of days, that it is a certainty I will not only let down my wife, but also my peers and my children. I trust that God will not let me do it on a grand scale again and when I make the little mistakes, all those people can easily forgive me and do not get offended. I take that Leap that even though saving my marriage is a battle for life and death, my flesh wants to give in at least weekly by caving to worldly acceptance of defeat, death and divorce. God keeps reminding me, through mentors, dreams, prayer, music, virtually everywhere, that he is in control and no matter her response tonight, my marriage isn't over until he says it is. (Malachi 2:16 "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel,") I also should clarify that I promised that divorce wasn't an option, so I don't let my inner struggle think of it, my struggle believes i should never stop fighting for my marriage and family, or i would basically be admitting God cannot heal all things. Without God, my flesh would have already quit (1 Corinthians 10:13, "No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it."). Honestly, I feel and believe we will be restored and our marriage will be stronger than ever. He has shown me this and no matter what the enemy tries to say or plant, i have turned a blind eye and deaf ear to him. Matthew 16:23, Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

God wants to work miracles in all of us. He Loves to meet our needs and all he asks is obedience and praise. We ask in prayer and he meets that need. We must keep in mind that this will be in His time. We cannot force these things as we will surely mess them up. So every step I have taken of late has been prayed on and scrutinized at each turn. I know he will lead me in the right direction, i am being patient. I know he will reach her, heal her hurt and give her peace. However there is a reason she is questioning our future. God is strengthening her for something. We are all in a storm, so we must have faith that our Father will see us through. That he is preparing us to be blessed. Without the preparation we would squander the blessing which is to come. So by being prepared we can truly see what we have and what God is doing and has done.

Step out, stretch to God, meet Him half way. You will be amazed at his response. Should you start to fall, reach up and he will grab your hand. If you have already fallen he will help you up, brush you off and point you in the right direction again. Our journey is a complex one of mazes, traps and pitfalls. If you choose not to trust in the One True God, then you will surely fall victim to these worldly traps. If you take that leap and trust in him, he will give you the map to traverse the treacherous road. I am so blessed to have found him. I hope you can join me, just step out. Hebrews 10:22, "let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water."

Lets Pray:  Father God, we come to you first of all asking for you to forgive us of our sins. Lord we know we are sinners and are not perfect, yet we want to walk in the light. Lord without you this is not possible. So Jesus we confess our sins to you and ask for your forgiveness. Father we want to have faith. As you tell us in James 1:6, "But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind." Father we don't want to be tossed around by the wind any longer. Father we want to step out. We want to stretch to you in faith and ask you to meet us half way on whatever trouble we are facing. Lord there may be addictions to be removed. Lord we trust you will heal them. Lord there may be financial issues that need addressing. Lord we know you can multiply anything, so please resolve those. Lord we know there are many others with marriage issues out there. God, as in my case, I ask that the spiritual leaders out there step out and take back their places in the homes. Ask God to help you win you wives and families back and guide the families in the direction God wants them to be. Father help these men do this. God, be with the wives as they too need spiritual miracles and the belief Father that if they take that leap to you, that you will heal them, restore their marriages stronger than ever and feel Love they never could dreamed of, God we know you can do this as you are my God. I am so blessed to know you and that you sent your son to bear my horrible sins. Father thank you, for sacrificing what most of us never could. Father be with each person as they take that leap and Lord help them find the courage to reach to you. It will change everything in their lives and Lord thank you for changing mine. In Jesus name....AMEN.

No comments: