Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Monday, August 13, 2012

REBUILDING: G.P.S. - Gods Positioning System


John 15:1-27, “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. ... 
We have all heard and know, as believers in Christ that God has a path for each and everyone of us. We must step back and follow the God Positioning System (G.P.S.) that has been designed for each of us. If we try to choose our own path, then we make a mess of things and have to find our way back. Usually forcing us to start over, without passing go or collecting $200.00. You know exactly what I am talking about because as you read this you can think of something you tried to fix or do on your own and messed the whole thing up. Now God is picking up the pieces and trying to restore it.

I know I have made a mess of things up until the last year or so. In fact I would have to say most of my life if I was being totally honest. Leviticus 26:3-5 ("If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit. Your threshing will continue until grape harvest and the grape harvest will continue until planting, and you will eat all the food you want and live in safety in your land.") describes to us by following Gods decrees and commands we will yield a great harvest and be safe. Leviticus 26:14-39 goes on to describe what will occur if we choose not to follow Gods design. Let's just say I'd rather not have terror, death and fear in my life. I believe He is saying that we can make a horrible mess of our own lives, that if we just stop and give Him a chance, He will bless us beyond our worldly understanding. 

In Isaiah 61 God tells us that if we follow Him, have Faith He will not only restore  and rebuild our lives better, but he will give us double portions for following Him and being faithful. The scriptures are full of promises just like this one and the only things it requires is, for us to follow Him and have Faith and Trust in His plan for each of us. Isaiah 61:1-7, The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor. They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations.Aliens will shepherd your flocks; foreigners will work your fields and vineyards.And you will be called priests of the Lord, you will be named ministers of our God. You will feed on the wealth of nations, and in their riches you will boast. Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs. 
In closing, the idea of G.P.S. is simple, let God direct our journey and he promises it to be fulfilling. He doesn't say it will be without sorrow and tests, but He makes it clear that He will be there for us no matter what. He will restore us, rebuild our lives better then before, we must however believe He can and will do as He promises. Give Him praise no matter what season you are in, lift up everything to Him and follow the little voice from His G.P.S., instead of your own and the destination will be the Kingdom of Glory. 

Let's Pray: Father God, Thank You for all that You do in our lives. Father please forgive us for our sins and for not putting our trust in You Father to guide our journey in this world full of traps set by the enemy. Father even today as we follow the path You have chosen for us, we come under attack. Father we are thankful for Your protection and as we may not understand the future You designed for us. We ask that You see our Hearts Father and listen to the prayers and return us back to our lives, mending the brokenhearted and showing us our double portions Father. We trust completely in You Father and Thank You for keeping us on track with Your G.P.S., that is built into each one of us. Allow those Father who have not discovered it, to find You Lord and activate their systems as soon as possible. Father Thank You for allowing me to share these words with the world and I truly Hope it reaches those in need. We ask all of these things in Jesus name...AMEN.

No comments: