Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

REBUILDING: Passing The Baton

Mark 10:45, For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” 

If Jesus came to serve others, do you not think that we should be serving others also? Do you serve your wife? Your family? Your church? Your community? I can hear it already, well I don't have time, or I give my tithes and offerings, she knows I Love her. You wonder why your blessing are limited? Here is a hint, read Mark 10:45 over and over until it clicks. Maybe this will help...WE ARE HERE TO SERVE OTHERS, NOT OURSELVES. Freely and without expectations, just try it with your wife and family. Now, after that try the community and church.

Serving is truly a selfless act, it's humbling in many aspects and yet it fills that gap that has been tugging at you. I was a taker in many ways for years (something else I realized in the last several months). I now spend as much of each day I can serving others. Sometimes simple things like carrying something for someone, helping them if they are lost, feeding them and any other way I can find to help. I feel great afterwards. I have been ministering to the homeless for months now, and last week one of them gave me a little bead necklace they made for my daughter. She was so excited to get that. Seeing the smile on her face, was worth any amount of money. All I did was give my time to someone and they blessed my life with a small gesture in most perceptions, but to my daughter it was a big thing, in turn it was to me also. God moves through us, but as my pastor said tonight, first we must move. Then God will work. By serving, you may bring others to Christ, God has a calling for you, serve and see what that is. 2 Corinthians 5:7,  For we walk by faith, not by sight. 

1 Peter 4:10-11, As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen...See moving with God and serving others Honours our Father, in turn he brings Honour on your house. Every where Jesus went He served others, washed their feet, fed them and many other actions. He knew that the ultimate way to show Love was to do through acts of Love. So I challenge you to go home today, serve your Wife, serve your Family, then find a way to serve our Father and Glorify His Kingdom. YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME, this I promise

Let's Pray: Father God, Thank You for all the blessing You reign down on our lives. Father we ask you forgive our sins and teach us humility. Father show us how to serve Your Kingdom and glorify You through acts of Love. Father show each man how to serve his wife and family. Father we pray that by the husbands and fathers leading their families in serving, this will begin a servolution in each and every home and the Houses of God. Father we thank you for all those who already serve and  help them share their stories so lives can be positively impacted. Father I ask for You to continue to allow me to serve You and I thank you for all the opportunities to do this. I ask all this in Jesus name...AMEN.




No comments: