Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Friday, August 3, 2012

When You Turn From God

Matthew 10:12-14, As you enter the house, greet it. And if the house is worthy, let your peace come upon it, but if it is not worthy, let your peace return to you. And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town.

God places us in certain situations and expects us to reach out to those in need. Especially to our brethren, I know without the help of my brethren at key times I would not be typing this. Yet at times there comes a time that we may have to turn that person in need over to God and wash our hands of them. It is a tough decision, but if they continue in their Sin, refuse to turn back to God we must take measures to help those we can. I doesn't mean we stop Loving this person, it simply means we have to trust in God to guide them back, dust off our sandals and leave.

We have a lost brother right now, I personally have been involved for only a few weeks, but there are a few that have been involved for much longer. Our brother has been given chance after chance to stay on path with God. He stumbled each time and his only reason, is pure selfishness. Selfishness is a powerful Sin, not unlike other sins, but in certain situations does not allow us to see beyond our own self pity or desire. This is where I was last year before God got my attention. I understand to some degree our brothers struggle. What I do not understand is once I am allowed another chance, I would cherish that like no other, never again consciously making choices to hurt my family and others. Once I chose God, I chose Life, my Wife, my Children and my Family and Friends God has blessed me with. I will stand firm and when I start to stumble I will let someone know of my intentions so that I can be free of that and the enemy has no stronghold. I am reminded what I stand to lose, at that point there is no other choice for me. 1 Corinthians 16:13, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.

I feel though others for one reason or another do not see the choices they face as I do. Proverbs 14:12, There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death. I would secure myself to a pipe until I was safe if I even thought I would hurt my wife and family again. I would do whatever it took to make sure that any temptation was not even an option for me. I know that with all this so fresh still the consequences are still vivid. I also have years of training of readying my mind for vicarious liability. So using that same process I remove any other option, other than the Godly one so there is no other choice available to me, except the Godly one. This is only one way God helps me remove bad choices from my heart. I reach to him over and over so that he can guide my every step. I will remember the look of hurt in my families eyes last November. I will take that to my grave and I never want to be the cause of that look again. So my choice in any situation is a clear and resounding one...God and Kingdom principles. Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” This should be yours also. God will bless you and help you make these choices. In time the correct choice will seem as simple as breathing. Trust in Him and think about all you will lose with the wrong  choices. 

Lets Pray: Father God, Help our lost brethren find there way back to You Father. Pull them in Lord and keep them safe as You know they cannot do this for themselves right now. Father we pray Psalm 91 over all involved including the families, to keep them safe and over our families and us, so we cannot hurt them ever again. Father we choose You and we choose Life. We choose our Wives, our Children and all who we Love Father. Help us keep on track Father. Help us follow in Christs footsteps so we can Glorify You and Your Kingdom Father. We Thank You Lord for all that You do in our lives, please forgive us for our sins Father and allow us the wisdom to make good choices Father. We ask this in the name Of Christ Jesus....AMEN.

No comments: