Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Are You Being Grateful or Ungrateful?

Romans 12:9-13, " 9Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; 11not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, 13contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality" 

This passage holds the key to some behaviors I observed this week, so I am feeling drawn to write about them. In the passage above it is simply saying Love as Jesus did and anything that we say and do to the contrary is ungratefulness.  Jesus Loved everyone he came into contact with, including Zacchaeus who the people deplored for his evil ways. Yet Jesus knew his heart and on the spot Zacchaeus offered repentance and asked for forgiveness. Even while the people murmured against him. 

All week I have been hearing people say "my job is driving me nuts" or "I took the day off for a headache", in front of someone who needs a job. I've observed people talking about the huge meal they ate the night before in front of someone who don’t know where there next meal is coming from. Another was someone complaining how hot it is and there allergies were bad, even with the a/c at night, to someone who was homeless. All of these occurrences the people making the statements knew the situation of those around them and these individuals speaking are all Christians. 

I am saying something, because in the past I too may have been one of these hypocritical ungrateful people not realizing what I may have said or just not caring. So to draw attention to this is not only my duty but now its my passion. I am not perfect, but I do believe this is at the minimum, a poor choice and we should be mindful who we are speaking too and remember how Jesus would have responded in the presence of the less fortunate. He would feed them, take them in, give them work, heal them, pray with them, etc...If we as Christians are truly trying to walk in His light then we will not only change our views and perspectives, we will be thankful that we have the food, job and homes with a/c. We should thank our Father for these things He has given us and remember to help those less fortunate, as God expects that of us. 

If you have realized this has been you, then start by asking God for His forgiveness, for the selfish and ungrateful behavior, and possibly the person who was the receiver of your ungrateful words. Daniel 9:19-20, O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive. O Lord, pay attention and act. Delay not, for your own sake, O my God, because your city and your people are called by your name. While I was speaking and praying, confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my plea before the LORD my God for the holy hill of my God." Here we are being instructed to not delay in your confession and asking for forgiveness. Take full advantage when God presents the opportunity of confession to Him or any another person and let no man sway this decision. As this is what God expects and no man is above God. Only the enemy would try and dissuade you of this act of confession, born of Christ.

Lets Pray: Father God, Thank You for the lesson this week in humility and being thankful for what we do have. We should be giving You the praise Lord for even the simplest things we have in our lives. We should also be careful in what we say when around other Lord. Father please teach us and convict our hearts for understanding when we do these ungrateful things. Lord I don’t want to see anyone "reap what they sow" as was discussed a few days ago. So Father help us understand what we need to change and help us make those changes. Lord I also lift up to you those who need to confess and ask for forgiveness. Lord there is many who the enemy has filled with evil thoughts and behaviors Lord. I pray these lost people find you’re Love once more. I pray they are filled once again with the Holy Spirit Father so they can see how separated they have become. Father we are to Love all we meet and I am working on that, Father I have an open humbled heart Lord and we wish only to serve. So guide our words and ways Lord and I will follow. In Jesus name we pray....AMEN.

No comments: