Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

I'm at My Jericho


 John 5:25, "And I assure you that the time is coming, indeed it's here now, when the dead will hear my voice--the voice of the Son of God. And those who listen will live.

I found out today it’s not about me. I can’t describe it but my pastor and the mentors around me revealed something to me today with his sermon and their guidance. I had a very important meeting at church today so I missed part of the service. I just finished it online and between the meeting, the sermon and my mentors,  I had a revelation. I understand, it’s not about me and I am listening with all my heart. . 

I prayed for today’s meeting since Friday. Many have been praying with me also. In every prayer I felt God telling me to "stay the course" (Hebrews 12:2, Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith) I was prepared that there would be three different possible outcomes to this meeting. One would be an invitation to leave, another someone would be offended and leave and the third would end in pastor holding the meeting ministering about Gods plan. I prayed during the whole meeting. I felt the outcome was confusing, until I spoke to the pastor, the elders and remembered the coaching, then the outcome became clear. 

After hearing the rest of today’s message, I find myself to be at my Jericho. God is telling me to keep doing what I am doing, sound the trumpets and let Him bring down the walls. Some have mocked or slandered my efforts. Yet every time I receive those I am blessed with more positive reinforcement from God.  The message today was obviously about the walls of Jericho and breakthroughs. I am at my Jericho and understand what has been given to me and what has been placed into my custody to care for. God is using me in many ways and because of my fears the last several days, I have abandoned what God has charged me with.

I cannot worry anymore about what others choose to perceive, judge or actions they take. All I can do is pray for them and let God defend me. I will tell you now this is not easy, but I am letting it happen. I wasn’t shocked at the outcome of today’s meeting. I expected it however I still prayed for something different. God has to be left to work and I must give it all to him. I will listen for Him and Watch for His guidance (Deuteronomy 4:29, But from there you will search again for the LORD your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.) I will keep to the Kingdom principles and Love what God does and Hate what He hates. 

God is telling me to step away, to focus on the works he has laid in front of me and let Him work on my family and other matters of concern. He has charged me with some wonderful things, yet because of my fears of losing my family I have neglected those for a few days. He is working through me to positively effect peoples lives. It feels so great to see Him work through me.  I may never know how many people He allows me to touch, however even just one would be worth every effort. God is Great. I know that through my obedience and faithfulness to Him, that He will bring down the walls of my Jericho and run the enemy out of the Land. My life will be restored, stronger than ever before.

All of us have a calling from Christ. We must just listen to what He has charged us with. I caution that during this discovery process you can be mislead. So be cautious as the enemy does not want us to grow closer to God and he will do anything to distract us. My life is no longer about me its about furthering God, His Kingdom and the Principles of His Kingdom. If GOD doesn't Love it, or support it, if it doesn't breathe life into someone, then it is usually not of God and a poisonous trap laid cleverly by the enemy. I have had the privilege to witness to a few people this week who has found themselves in this trap. It is easy to do. So ask God to guide you, give you wisdom to know it's His will and the strength to follow it. 

Lets Pray: Father God, Thank You for everything you do in our lives Lord. Thank You for the ability to come to you and ask for forgiveness. Lord we thank you for allowing your son to wash our sins away with His blood. We can never repay You for this ultimate act of Love. Father many of us are at the walls of our Jericho. Allow us to see its not about us, but about furthering your Kingdom and it principles. We are facing things we do no understand, or seem insurmountable. Lord grant anyone who needs your comfort and understanding to feel the Holy Spirit move in them. Allow them to find their own trumpets to sound so that you may bring down their walls and conquer what the enemy is doing in their lives. Father we ask all of these things in the sweet name of Jesus...AMEN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I look up to the mountains-does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth!" ~Psalm 121:1