Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Step up When Asked

Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving

God designed us rather complex. Sometimes we are called upon to do things that do not make any sense to those around us. Yet if those people could see in our hearts they would completely understand. God makes our hearts the strongest part of us for a reason. That is why when our hearts are hurt it becomes harder to forgive or heal.

What am I babbling about, you ask? Well as avid readers you all know my situation (if not read the forward in May), my wife became ill yesterday and called me to help with our daughter. As it turns out I end up staying over night and taking care of both her and our daughter. While her body ails, her loving side shows through. I am only here to help, but I noticed a side of her I haven't seen in a very long time. I feel this is God showing me to keep standing firm. I am not excluding that this time with our daughter is glorious also. She has been so Loving the last two days.

I could have been bitter or resentful and helped with my daughter, yet I know my responsibilities doesn't stop there. I am required by God to help my wife too. As the covenant of marriage requires I take care of her also. Don't get me wrong I am happy she allowed me to step up and help. I know that there are others who would withdraw to prove some self serving point. God sometimes puts us in a role to serve and we should recognize this. So I am not only serving my wife, I am serving my God.

God is glorified when we serve. It doesn't matter if you are cutting the grass at the church, helping the needy, guiding cars to spaces in the parking lots, ushering or even helping in the nursery. God calls us all to serve in many different ways. When called we should not hesitate or question, but be grateful he has given us the opportunity. Some will ask why God presented that experience, does it really matter? It is not our position to question God, only to gratefully respond and obey as our savior Jesus did. Mark 10:44-45, and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be slave of all. "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

So when God calls, step up. Even if its changing a strangers tire, mowing your neighbors yard or even offering assistance to someone in need. Follow the lead Jesus set and quit being selfish, get out of your comfort zone and positively impact someones life. Remember the movie "Pay if Forward"? Imagine the possibilities if everyone in the country decided to follow that principle. God would actually smile I believe at how our hearts softened. With that said, don't wait for someone to do anything for you, take the initiative and walk in the light of Jesus, without any expectations and watch how your life is blessed. It's a biblical promise (John 12:26 If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.)
  
Lets Pray: Father God, Thank You for all that you do in our lives. Father please forgive us as we are sinners Lord but we wish to follow in Your Sons footsteps. We want to be filled with the Holy Spirit, Lord. We want to feel a Love that is deeper than any we have ever know. Lord show us how to serve you, Lord allow us to serve those around us, even if we feel they are undeserving Lord, help us put those feelings aside and use your Love to help them. Lord there are many bitter people out there who need to look past there self serving hearts and see your light Father. Help them find you and obey your calling Father.  God thank You for the chance to serve you and my family at the same time as I am honored to do this. Father I cannot thank You enough for all that you do in all of our lives. In Jesus name I pray...AMEN.

No comments: