Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Turn it all Over to God

Philippians 4:6-7, "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ."

Something we all have difficulty doing, including me. I have a tendency to say I have given all my issues to God, yet I still try to fix some of these issues on my own. God wants us to reveal these worries to Him so he can work on them for us. Until we truly give them to Him, they will not be solved.  He will give us peace in these areas, we just have to give them to him in prayer. 


Starting next week I will be starting my second fast ever. A few of us from our mens group will be fasting in unison to show ultimate obedience (Psalm 69:10, "When I wept and humbled my soul with fasting, it became my reproach.") . During this 10 days we will lift up everything in our lives holding us back, to God. We will spend the 10 days also giving Praise to our Lord and Savior. Our prayers will contain pleas of help, commitments of obedience and praise that we have the Love from our Holy Father. 


My first fast yielded many revelations and releases in my life. I stopped dipping after 25 years with no withdrawals or cravings. My wife and I committed to working on our family and marriage during this fast. Many things were revealed to me in those 10 days in January. I still am committed to all of these things, as I promised God during that fast. I hope this next to be just as profound and my God knows I am committed without question to, Him, my Wife, my Family and serving all of them freely and without question. 


You too can experience this amazing time with God. He will show you so much during this time of obedience that you will be humbled beyond understanding. All he requires is your commitment to obedience and what better way then to give up the worldly things (Joel 2:12, “Yet even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; ). Give it all to him during a fast and God will bless you. He wants this for you and what better way to show Him praise than obedience and witnessing of the results. Our God is a Loving God and starting Monday I will include a daily brief of that days fast, prayer and revelations through the ten days. I will include it after each days prayer. 


Lets Pray: Father God we come to you as broken and humbled servants Lord, asking only that you forgive us for our sins and bless our lives Lord. We are undeserving of your grace Lord, yet Your never fail to show it to those who obey and listen. I have heard lately people say they are not hearing you. Lord show these people you are talking and how they are just not receptive to you Lord. Show the that maybe you are not telling them what they want to hear. Help them find your whisper or the emissary you sent. Father I too want to hear your voice, Lord I yearn for it Father. Lord please invoke the Holy Spirit in all of us so that we may know how you want us to serve you next Lord. Thank You Father for showing us perfect Love. Thank You for your son and it is in His name Jesus that we pray.....AMEN.

No comments: