Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Loneliness, Perfect Time to Grow with God

Luke 5:16, "But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed."

Loneliness is a very common human emotion. We must be very careful when we are struggling with this particular emotion. We should use this time to grow in the Word, prayer and meditation so that we may grow closer to God, Jesus would do this so he may better hear His Father. Jesus rose every morning to seek solitude to pray. Mark 1:35, "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed." God will fill this void until a more suitable Godly solution can fulfill that need.

In my case, I have caused my own dilemma, however I refuse to give in to the enemy and instead use God to show my wife that even in the most difficult time in our lives, I choose her and Godly ways instead of how I had forsaken her in the past. Genesis 2:18, Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him." I find much more satisfaction in these choices, no matter how difficult they seem, than the alternative. I believe God is blessing me for my choices and obedience and he will continue to do so as long as I make the correct choices, my marriage over the flesh.  This is something we all should think about. If you are married no matter the circumstance, you should only be looking for your spouse to fill this Gap, if they are unavailable at that time, turn to God. 

I know a man who is a little older, he has been divorced for over 6 years. He says he still Loves his wife very much and wants nothing more than to restore his marriage with her. Yet he lives like a single man, giving into temptation, claiming that at his age the loneliness is overwhelming. Psalm 142:4, "Look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life." I believe that it is no different than mine, the difference in our two situations is I am standing for my belief that God will restore my marriage, no matter what. So I choose for my thoughts, my eyes and my heart only to look to my wife. We can all make the same choices, we just have to stand for what God would want us to do, not the world’s solution.

Our children can also suffer from this emotion, this is also a great time to show them to turn to prayer. Show them how to pray for healing and peace. Let them tell God how they feel and what they want God to do. All too often we will hear them say the obvious, restore their parents. As I wrote a few days ago, we can learn from our children even in other seasons, to open our hearts and see the world as we did when we were uncorrupted with the worldly ways. Children look at situations with a pure heart. They hold no offenses and they understand more than we give them credit for. So take this opportunity to show them how to give their issues to God. My wife and I discovered this evening that this is what my daughter needed the last few days as she was acting out. God will hear them and he will look on us as parents favorably as we give our children to Him. 1 Peter 2:2-3, Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up to salvation– if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.

Let’s Pray: Father God, Thank You for another beautiful day Lord. Thank You for allowing us to share your Love Father. Please forgive us for any sins we have committed and Father help us through these moments of weakness. we know you will carry us through and deliver us form loneliness Father. Help all of us to make the Godly choice Father so you will be happy with us. Father we know you have a plan to cure this for us, help us to stand strong in Your faith Lord until that day. Father lift up all who are feeling this emotion God. Our spouses, children and even us Father. We know you want us to walk in the light so we ask you to show us the path. Father Thank You for all that you do and we ask you to grant these prayers in Jesus name....AMEN.

No comments: