Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Our God is a Jealous God

Exodus 20:25, "for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God"

Pretty Clear right? SO what does our God have to be jealous of? How about anything that we put before him? Our wives, families, career, food, etc...Our Father is to be first in our lives, without Him we are nothing anyway. So He is first in our hearts. We should rise every morning and give Him praise first thing. He gets the first fruit of our labors.  


Our Father does not ask for much but He does have some rules we are to obey and Him being first is one of those rules we tend to ignore. It is easy to fall into the trap of not making God our first priority. I have done it. I made my family my first. I have made my job first also. God demands that he is first as he can take all the other away if we do not honor Him and be obedient. Deuteronomy 6:1, "for the LORD your God in the midst of you is a jealous God."


God wants only what any Father wants and that is respect. I for one think he deserves it. He gives us everything, protects us, forgives us and all we must do is put him first and follow his laws. So think about what you may need to do to make God first in your life again and they rest will fall into place. 


Let’s Pray: Father God, Thank You for all that you do and Lord please forgive us for not placing you first as You should be. Father forgive us for our sins and Father we ask that you convict us and remind us to always keep you first in our lives Lord. By keeping you first everything else will fall into place Lord. Father give us the wisdom to study your word and understand what you request from us. Father we thank you for all that you do Lord and all we ask is to show us how you want us to serve you Lord. Please continue to bless us, in Jesus name we pray...AMEN.


No comments: