Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Friday, June 1, 2012

When God says, "Meet Me at McDonalds"

1 John 5:5-8, Who is it that overcomes the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not by the water only but by the water and the blood. And the Spirit is the one who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. For there are three that testify: the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree.

Being homeless has it's advantages sometimes. If you have been following this blog you know my wife and I have separated and I am praying for restoration in every prayer. In the meantime I am left to sleep in my truck (blessed to have one), shower at the community center and try to find work. When your budget is tight McDonalds is a nice refuge. I can get free wifi, to look for work, I can eat for about $2.17 per meal and get out of the elements. That is 2 breakfast burritos or a McDouble and a side salad. I spend a lot of time in three of the local McD's. Its sad to say, but I know all three Store Directors by first name. But it is a nice refuge from the heat or rain and I can hear the kids play, which makes me think of my daughter. While sitting there I not only look for work, I study in the Scriptures and my mens group books, as well as plan, pray and write about and in this blog. God gives me overwhelming inspiration at the restaurants and also allows me to do something so miraculous, He allows me to give my testimony...a lot.

On any given day I get to talk with about a dozen people. Some conversations just start out of friendliness others out of curiosity. The latter is when they usually see my books and get curious and start asking questions. Well being a long time salesman, that is the sign you have them hooked. Go ahead and sign the contract, this ones going to Heaven. Seriously though I feel really blessed to be able to witness to people in that environment. They are so very interested and supportive. Many have asked for this blog site, many have asked for the church address of where I attend. A scripture comes to mind, John 15:27 "But you will also testify and be My witnesses." See God wants us to praise him and how better to do that then to tell our story to others so our God may get the Glory. Maybe they just needed that little encouragement to start a conversation over a Big Mac and Large Coke.

In the days I walked as a convenient Christian, when I was asked to give my testimony I literally laughed. I thought who would want to hear my story. Really I was scared and didn't have the Holy Spirit moving me. See people who ask about what I'm doing are really asking the W.I.F.M. (whats in it for me?) question, that most people ask all day, everyday, everywhere they go. Well that's easy to answer, with divorce rates at an all time high, unemployment numbers breaking records and our out of control debt to income ratio....pick one I am sure most fit in at least one category or more. At least they can relate to them, right? So whats in it for you? How about eternal life, a relationship with someone who will never give up on you? How about someone who truly Loves you no matter what you have done? He will lift you up, dust you off and point you in the right direction. God can do all of these things and more. He can plant a fire in you of hope and faith that never will be extinguished as He is the fuel. He can Love you like no other can, while giving you a larger portion of Love, so you can Love your wife and family with the excess. He will forgive you of all your sins. How much does all this cost you ask? All you have to do is ask for him to help you, by coming into your life and then, like any father, obey Him through His laws in the Bible. You can even super size it and do missionary work if you want.

So I refer to McDonalds as my own little small group or missionary service. I meet people from all over the world and I hope, while bringing good conversation, I may be reaching their hearts. Helping them find what most don't know they are missing. See, we can meet God in the oddest places.Whether it is in a garden (salad), grazing land (Big Mac), belly of a whale (Filet o Fish) or an ark (playscape), God can and will meet us anywhere anytime as he is open 24 hours. He never has a wait and you can even meet him in your car. So bow down and order a Super sized order of forgiveness, large portion of Hope, some water baptism and top it off with a huge helping of sweet faith. God is ready, just ask, open up and let him work in you. He wants this and you need this. Your life will never be the same and the next time your in McDonalds and see someone with tons of books including their Bible and he is typing on his computer, say Hello and ask him if he has read this blog.

Lets Pray: Father God, I come to you tonight with an open heart asking for forgiveness Lord. I ask you Bless all who read this with a double portion. Lord ask them to pass this on, so maybe it can help at least one person find you. Whether it is in a McDonalds, a park or in their own home Lord, Help those in need discover all you have to offer. God we are all sinners and do not deserve any of your grace. Yet Father you made the ultimate sacrifice by putting Jesus on that cross and staining it with His precious blood, all for us. So Father I humbly submit to your budding. Father guide me, heal me and help me find my place in your plan. God I Love everything about you and I will shout that from the highest mountain if asked too. Father lift those up in need, help those with hardened hearts soften in You Lord and Father restore the broken marriages and families out there Lord. I know this is in your power. God we need this miracle, Lord show all who doubt your mighty power again Lord. So my generation can see, You are all we declare You are. Turn the unbeliever into the believer once again Lord. Father I thank you for all you so in my life. In Jesus name...AMEN.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Revelation 12:11
"We will overcome, by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony."