Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Suffering Until Grace Redeems

"Mercy is God withholding judgment or evil that I deserve; grace is God giving me blessing or good that I do not deserve."

If that doesn't convict you, I really don't know what to say. Today my discussions with people at my office (McDonalds) was all about suffering and Grace. Even tonight at my mens group this was the topic.Ok God, I get it, I will write about this today. So the above quote was given to me a few weeks ago and I think it is fitting, even though it isn't scripture. It is the truth and it is clear and profound. 1 Peter 5:10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

See I believe that when we divert from God, there is a price to pay. Yes, He will forgive us, but like any father you have a punishment coming for disobedience (Hebrews 12:6-7, For the LORD disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who is never disciplined by its father?") It may not be old Testament punishment, but all the same it is a penance. What is this lunatic talking about you ask? Well how about me for instance, most reading this knows my story. A friend said to me this week, "You know, your homeless, jobless and separated from your family, yet I never hear you complain." It was then it hit me like a stone from Davids sling. I am being punished for my misbehavior, so really what can I complain about? I have to account for my behavior to our Father. I can only complain to myself, so why bother? I'd rather keep my eyes on our Father and the prize.

Well, I have been faithful in this blog and other areas of my life that God guided me too and I think God is starting to show me His Grace once again. As of today, I am officially employed again full time, Praise God. One huge blessing bestowed on an unworthy servant. I have seen some other smaller blessings happening over the last few weeks. My sinking ship is righting itself as God works. He is restoring things in my life and I am patiently waiting for the next blessing he grants me. Until then I will be faithful in the promises I have made to Him and others around me.

God wants to cover us in His grace. We must be deserving and all it takes is obedience. We will have to endure some suffering, you may already be going through that. However you are being prepared to be blessed. Just stand firm, don't fall into the traps, keep in the word and as another brother tells me all the time "stay prayed up". God will answer your prayers in His time and all you need is patience and faith. God will heal you, he will restore your relationship, he will end your addiction, he will lift up any problem you have if you just believe and ask for His help. His grace is beyond measure. We cannot see this, touch this, smell this or even hear this, so we must have faith His grace is abundant.

Lets Pray:  Father God, we come to You asking You for Your Love and Grace. Please forgive us for our sins as Lord we are doomed without your guidance. Father, please give us the strength to follow Your teachings and listen for You to speak to us. Father we are undeserving yet we know You are a forgiving God and we await the Grace we do not deserve Lord. Father help those find You , who need You and Lord we thank You for all that You do in our lives. In Jesus name I Pray...AMEN.

No comments: