Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

We Reap What We Sow, a Lesson in Pride

Galatians  6:1-10, 1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, 5for each one should carry his own load. 6Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor. 7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that naturea will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. 
For many these versus will rock your understanding of how you live. Let me highlight, in these scriptures Paul is telling us God commands us and dictates our punishment if we choose our way of living and not His, in response for certain behaviors. Paul is basically telling us that we are required to Love one another no matter our faults or trespasses. We must allow God to fix their faults. Even in the most difficult times in relationship we are to walk with one another and pray with and for them, remove our own judgement and pride from the process and let God heal the sins or offenses. If we do not Paul is clear in Gods response. You will end up in that same boat one day, i.e., You reap what you sow. 

God says we are to help others, Love them, forgive them and keep His covenants. The moment we judge others, harbor anger (which stems from pride), put ourselves or our sin above another or simply fail to Love others, Paul states we will walk that walk ourselves as a lesson or punishment by our Father. You see God demands you to treat others as He treats you. As soon as we let pride take over (which is the basis for lots of sins) you become like Lucifer. Pride was his sin. So was must be filled with humility and Love to fall into Gods grace. I give you an example or two. Do you know a homeless person? God says, cloth, house and feed them. Do you know a prisoner? God says visit with them and pray with them. Do you know someone who is sick? God says go to them and pray band comfort them. Are you estranged from a family member (parent, child, spouse, etc)? God says you go to them, forgive them and fix your relationship,  as the ONLY thing in the way of restoring these relationships is PRIDE. Do not follow the desires of God and He assures us we will have intimate understanding of these issues ourselves. At any moment God can make you homeless, hungry, jobless, incarcerated, separated from Loved ones, etc...as a lesson that we are not following His directions or His purpose for us.

These are not requests, they are requirements as Christians to stay in Gods favor. Pride is the ways of the world. Hate, anger, deceit, vanity, distrust, above others attitudes, etc...At any given time God can separate us from the BMW, 2 story house, 6 digit income, loved ones and anything else we place above Him and His laws and Kingdom (Romans 2:6-8 He will render to each one according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; but for those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, there will be wrath and fury.) I know, he has done it to me. Only now am I finally understanding His requirements of me and by following this path I am starting to see His grace restored (Matthew 6:33, "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.") Our Father wants to be a Loving and understanding Father, but he requires us to live His way not our way. We fail to do this and we will fall out of grace and bring suffering to our lives and those around us.

Paul is making it clear in the above scriptures that we as children of God, are expected to behave in specific ways to remain in Gods favor. We must be willing to do the things we find the most difficult, this is the Gods requirement of us. I must forgive my father, my wife and others who have offended me over the years. I must Love them no matter what, I must lift them up, even if they are not willing to do the same for me. God will deal with their weaknesses and their disobedience, if there is any. So I have forgiven and am continuing to do so each day, I reach out and try to help all in need that I can and I believe God is blessing me even as we speak for this obedience (Matthew 9:13, “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.”)

I implore you to read versus Galatians 6:1-3 over and over and let them sink deep into your heart. They will change your perspective on life and all of what is happening around you. Make the changes God requires, as I do not want you to fall into the same traps as I have, the enemy is waiting for your non-compliance (2 Timothy 2:12, "if we endure, we will also reign with Him. If we disown Him, He will also disown us;".) I know first hand about our Fathers punishment as I also know His mercy and grace. I wouldn't wish this on anyone,  so follow me and skip straight to the grace he wants you to receive. You will enjoy that so much more. I truly believe God wants to share His Love with everyone. We must be obedient, ask for his help and walk in the light.

Lets Pray: Father God, I pray for those around you that have never know or who are suffering from their own pride Lord. God I know you have so much more for them and you want to share this. Even those who believe they are walking in the light Lord, convict them and show them Your way Lord. Help them find their way Lord so they do not have to suffer. Lord I know You have a plan, but Lord I ask for you mercy on those that need it most. You know who they are Lord. Soften and open their hearts so that you may be glorified in all the praise you deserve. Father help us all to learn and practice Galatians 6:1-3 as your servant Paul wrote. Father we thank You for all that you do in our lives and in Jesus name we pray....AMEN


No comments: