Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Finding Grace through Love in Difficult Circumstances

Proverbs 17:17, "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."

We have all had those times when we were in or around a difficult situation and someone needed our help. Our worldly perspective was to run as fast as we can or just ignore them. Our Christian Spirit however has a whole different viewpoint on the matter. We are to help those around us in need, freely and without prejudice. Proverbs 17:17 says we Love at all times even in adversity.

I know I have moments in which I struggle with someone I am in the presence of, I usually want to just escape and get away. However the Lord usually has something else in mind for me. He has me help them however I can. There have even been moments recently that I was in a position of extreme discomfort. I prayed and God not only allowed me peace in the scenario, he gave me the strength to help them as they needed. God wants us to show understanding and compassion no matter what situation we are experiencing.

I keep remembering how David over and over was faced with Saul trying to kill him, as Saul was being told David wanted to take his Throne and on top of Saul's deep seated Jealousy of David. Jonathan was Davids support during these trials as they Loved each other in the Lord and had a covenant for who would be the next king. At anytime David could have slayed Saul and ended the issue. Instead David felt God was wanting him to help Saul even in light of the threats, so David submitted to Saul and served him faithfully. David drew strength from Gods compassion, the support of Jonathan, and had faith that God would see him through so he kept his word with God. This story actually makes five good points about the enduring principles of Love as shown between Jonathan and David in their Love for the Lord:

1) Real love wants a commitment, and commitment will show itself in a covenant.

2) Real love will not hide its covenant or commitment.

3) Real love will give and receive gifts.

4) Real love will clothe the poor with the robes of royalty.

5) Real love will give armor to fight with.

Another story is that of the tax collector Zacchaeus and Jesus (Luke 19:1-10). Jesus could have easily been persuaded by public pressure that Zacchaeus was evil and did not deserve even a moment of time from the Son of God. Yet Jesus use that exact moment to show the crowd exactly what Gods message was all about, Love and Compassion in all situations. Again another shining example of how Love will triumph when we believe. Psalm 136, "His Love endures forever." 1 Corinthians 13:7, "Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

So when you are in a situation that seems pointless and bleak and another is needing your help, remember God Loves us and through Him we can Love others. Making it easy to step up and follow a Christlike pattern of Love and giving. All you must do is believe and the take the first step. Our Father will help you through no matter how perilous it may seem, He will see us through, He has promised this to us. Matthew 11:28-30, Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Let's Pray: Father God, hear our prayers Lord. We ask that you forgive us of our sins. Father please show us encouragement when facing diversity. Lord we know you want us to stand with Love and Compassion in such times. Father we need you to guide us in this path. Father let us have the compassion of Jesus when he faced an angry crowd defending Zacchaeus. Father show us how to Love, no matter the circumstance so that we can do Your will and not act as the unbelieving world would. Lord confirm your desire upon our hearts. Father we thank you for all that you do in our lives and we ask these things in Jesus name.....AMEN.


No comments: