Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Softening of Hearts

Ezekiel 11:19-20, And I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their stony, stubborn heart and give them a tender, responsive heart, so they will obey my decrees and regulations. Then they will truly be my people, and I will be their God.

 God promises to soften the hearts of those who follow Him and desire to lead a life with Christ. He can soften even the hardest of hearts. It doesn't matter what you have done, ask for forgiveness and God will begin the process. I used to have a heart of stone. God has replaced that with a heart of flesh. I Love my new outlook on the world. I just wish others shared my clear view of God. My heart breaks that they may never again know the true Love of God.

God is very clear in the next verse of Ezekiel 11:21 (But as for those who long for vile images and detestable idols, I will repay them fully for their sins. I, the Sovereign Lord, have spoken!”) A Greek translation for "image" is, anything formed. This would include opinions or thoughts about someone or something. If you develop anything negative about someone, you have judged this person. God leaves no grey area for this behavior, "I will repay them fully for their sins." To avoid this we must turn to Him and follow his laws and he will forgive us and soften our hearts. I even made new friends in Christ that I would have only walked bye in the past, never even acknowledging them.

Moses using the power God gave him, attempted to soften hearts in Matthew 19:8, Jesus replied, “Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended. Yet the very next scripture says if you divorce and try to remarry you commit adultery. The reason this happens this way is God does not approve of divorce, even though Moses tried to do the right thing by making a consideration for the hardened hearts. God doesn't make deals. He wants you to turn to him and obey his laws. He promises to heal anything you give to Him and He will soften our hearts also. God clearly makes his view of separation and divorce crystal clear in 1 Corinthians 7:10-11, To the married I give this command (not I but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife. This doesn't say you can separate or divorce, if or but or any other legal clause. It is because there is no exclusion clause. We must turn to Him so our hearts can soften and we can truly follow His calling. God will bless us, we just have to ask.

Let's Pray: Father God please forgive us for our sins Lord. Father I cry out to you to show those with hardened hearts their affliction Lord. I went many years never know my heart had turned to stone. Father there are many hearts around us each day that have become stone. Most believe they have soft hearts, but this is deceit of the enemy. I know I thought exactly that. So Father please liberate those who cannot see this and show them what you have waiting for them Father. I want no one to suffer any longer from this issue Father. Help them see through your servants that they have something missing. Their lives can be so better through you Father. Some will not see the little signs Lord. I know I didn't. Some you will have to shake for them to see. Lord I ask that you shake them, shake them until their shoes fall off Lord. I know they would want to see what you have prepared for them. Father we Thank You for all that you do in our lives, in Jesus name....AMEN.




No comments: