Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Shooting Flies with an Elephant Gun

Psalm 121: 1-3, I look up toward the mountains. Where can I find help? My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth. He will not let you fall. 

Some of you may be wondering what the title means, well let us put that in perspective. We all have found ourselves in a situation that just seem overwhelming and the sheer nature of it drains us physically, mentally and spiritually. We are told to hand it over to God, yet that seems nearly impossible at times. But this is exactly what we must do, before the situation completely drags us down beyond reach. We must first just reach to our Heavenly Father for this help and he will take it from us otherwise it will be the same as trying to shoot flies with an elephant gun.

Many of you may be in a season, as I am, of extreme life events that the magnitude of them can force you to stumble in your attempts to resolve them yourself. So I had to choose to give it all to God. I must look past the obvious and overlook the offenses that occur daily and give it entirely to God. In my instance, someone else is making all the decisions. Whether or not I agree with them, I have discovered that this person no longer wants my protection, help or attention. So I give them to God as they will stand alone. Genesis 3: 1 "Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field ..."  I have protected them, fought for them, in doing so been slandered and sacrificed without a care to my own issues. None of this has made a difference. So now the real weight of this situation and their choices are going to land fully on their shoulders. I fear that this may be overwhelming and the offenses from them, will only increase as they feel the pressure. I pray different occurs, but I have come to the threshold that I cannot cross anymore. As painful as it is to let go, I must and I pray to my Father above, that I do not become hard and callous to this person as I know the enemy is in a frenzy as he is winning the war and only God can stop him. Deuteronomy 3:22, You shall not fear them, for the Lord your God shall fight for you. 

This is one of the most difficult processes I have ever experienced. I have felt disappointment, frustration, anger, fear and many other emotions involving this specific process. I have to release this burden and these emotions not because I want to, I am not wanted to fight that fight anymore. So now my priorities change and I redirect my resources to those who do care and truly want and need my assistance. Their are many people out there who truly want and need some sort of ministering. They see how deep they have gone and God is speaking to them. They have severe relationship issues, addictions, some are hungry and homeless. God has blessed me to have the ability to share a moment in time with these people. I am allowed to share stories and pray with them. These people are looking for God and truly want to be helped and are listening. So if you are in a similar position as mine, reach and help those who want it. I am not saying forget the others, all you can do is pray for them, God wants you too utilize the time you have for positive achievements in His Kingdom. Love everyone, help those who need and want it and pray for the rest. I know not all can be helped, as many do not want or cannot see what God is trying to do for them. Revelation 3:20, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him, and dine with him, and he with Me.” 

Let's Pray: Father God Thank You for everything You do Father. We ask for Your forgiveness for our transgressions Father. Father we turn all those who we can no longer help, over to you Father. We ask you guide us to those who truly need and want our assistance. Father should those we turn over have a change of heart lead us back to them with open arms and heart. We still Love them Father as You know our hearts. We ask you change our hearts Father and keep them soft.  We are blessed to serve You Father and we ask only to be able to continue to do that. Father Thank You for all that You provide and do in our lives adn we ask all of this in Jesus name......AMEN.

No comments: