Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Standing in the Rain Yelling at God

Jonah 2:2 "In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. From the depths of the grave I called for help, and you listened to my cry.


Have you ever just felt so disappointed that you found yourself yelling at God. In your mind your going to give God a piece of your mind. That was me yesterday, I have said many times that I am a simple man, one who is struggling with difficulty just as many of you are. The difference is God asked me to share these trials and other lessons with you, so that all may see they are not alone. Jonah called to God, in some translations he "cried out" to God. 


So yesterday as I stand in the pouring down rain, next to one of the busiest streets in town, I am telling God of my disappointment in His apparent lack of action. I was explaining to Him my frustration with Him, regarding a simple prayer that I have been praying for in my marriage. I felt request is going unheard and He is ignoring me. So I was giving him the "what for" and expressing my failed expectations. Now imagine you drive by see this apparent lunatic, standing in a torrential downpour, yelling at the top of his lungs at God. I am surprised the police wasn't called to haul me off to the hospital. I'm sure it was a show for sure. 1 Peter 5:7, Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.


Just as soon as I told God what i was going to do next, he sent my wife to the rescue. Ephesians 5:22, Wives, understand and support your husbands in ways that show your support for Christ. She called, i could tell she was upset, yet her pain somehow sent me into a humbled Loving attitude, so I could try and help her through her pain. I forgot all about mine at that time (Ephesians 5:25, Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church - a love marked by giving, not getting.) I realized that God made her call, not text, but call. God used her to bring me back from the edge of defeat. I believe he used me in her situation too. 


What was realized was what I wrote yesterday, we both have opened doors for the enemy to sneak through and we need to close them. Not separately, but together, that way he cannot sneak in through another and attack again. The three braided cord rule (Ecclesiastes 4:12, A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.) In doing this together it will not only help secure us spiritually, but protect our daughter also. The enemy is strong, almost impossible fro the strongest Christian to fight alone. It is inoperative that others guard our weak spots. Husbands and wives are a team for just this reason (1 Corinthians 7:5, Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you.) So even in times of difficulties in your marriages, this is something God has designed because it works. Follow this principle and you may be surprised in the results. I believe it will help you focus on the other issues you may be facing. 

The lesson here is just when you think you are done, just when you think God isn't listening or just when you are at the brink of failure, God reveals something to you. He has big shoulders so you can give him your problems and frustrations as I did, however I wouldn't recommend standing in a lightning storm to do it. He is listening and He does help when you have nothing left. This is the forth time in as many months God has stepped in, you would think I would have learned by now. But I am just a man, so it may take a few more times to sink in. 

Let's Pray: Father God, Thank You for all the times you step in and show us You do care Father. Forgive us of our sins Father and our lack of trust in Your plan Lord. Father we sometimes need reminders of Your greatness and that You truly care and listen. Father forgive us for having worldly moments of doubt. We praise You for all Your grace You bless us with. Father thank you for Your son Jesus who died on the Cross for our Sins. Father Thank You for making that sacrifice and let us never forget your dedication to us Father. We ask this in Jesus name....AMEN.

No comments: