Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Friday, July 20, 2012

God's Lost and Found

Luke 15: 4-24, “What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbors, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost. I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Are you lost or have you been found? Sometimes as Christians we go astray and as a brother in Christ it is my responsibility to help the lost or astray find there way back to our Father in Heaven. Jesus was able to see the good in everyone, can we really say the same? I have become more conscious about how I look at other people. I choose not to judge and to Love everyone God puts in my path. This is not always easy, although I don't believe it is my choice. My choice is to serve my God and follow Him faithfully.

Everyday God introduces me to people who are both believers and non-believers alike. I also get to meet people of other faiths and beliefs. All whom I encounter I find interesting and show nothing but a Godly faith filled Love. I listen and at times explore with them alternative possibilities to issues they may have. I am in no means a member of the clergy or a counselor but the only thing I do is listen and refer to scripture, clergy or counseling. I pray with those who allow it and show a genuine positive outlook on whatever they are facing. God leads the interaction and I feel blessed to be just a vessel He works through. I am filled with wonder at the changes I see right before my eyes. Luke 19:10,“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save that which was lost.”

Now we all have those around us that we wish God would reach too. The question is, do we truly want God to reach them for Kingdom principles or do we have some more selfish motivations? I recently had to check my motivations on several issues and examine each one from a Godly perspective and make sure I was truly leaning to God for clarity on each issue. In some cases with certain people I found God giving me enlightenment in their issues and problems. Finding conformation, I move to follow the path God had sent me down for them. I know I must be careful not to fall in the path of sin. This could be counter productive or even destructive to myself and them, so I must be aware of these possibilities. Galatians 6:1, Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself.

God wants us to witness to others in His name and about the Kingdom and it's principles. Praising Him and the Kingdom freely, builds favor in Him. By following these simple ideals not only do you follow God's guidelines, you help others and make yourself feel better in the process. God will bless you for your obedience and faithfulness. Witnessing is simply just telling your story and sharing with others. It's not some big fancy structured sermon. Just telling others how God has blessed your life, simple right? Step out of your comfort zone and look for the opportunities God is placing in your life. You will be amazed at the results. Just remember as I am always reminded, "God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called." Romans 8:28, “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose"

Let's Pray: Father God, we Thank You for another day serving you Father. We couldn't ask for something better. Father we ask that You forgive us for our sins and show us the life You want us to lead. Father we come to serve as you have designed, we want to serve you, our spouses, our families and those we may not even know. Father we look forward to the privilege to promote Your Kingdom in any ways You desire us too. Father help us understand what we are truly to do and give us the wisdom, strength and guidance to follow through with it. Father thank you for all that You do and we ask all these things in Jesus name...AMEN.

No comments: