Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Friends in Need

Philippians 2:4, Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

How do you look at when friends need help? Do you suddenly become busy? Do you ignore the late phone call or blow them off? Maybe if you do you should reach down and rethink your strategy on this one. Jesus would never turn away helping someone. Therefore it is our responsibility to reach out and help others as Christians. This week many of my friends have come under spiritual attack. Even with what I felt was more pressing in my life, God showed me different.

So the enemy has been hard at work this week all around me in the believers and unbelievers alike. They have all suffered some sort of traumatic event and reached out to me for one form or another of support. With the week I have had, I asked God "Why me? Do I not have enough to deal with?" I felt His response was, "Set aside your own heart, let me work there, others need you now." Now I am really confused, am I really the right person for all of this right now? Am I strong enough? God gave me strength and wisdom to do His will in these troubled times.1 John 3:17, But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

I still am baffled at all the requests I receive to discuss issues that I truly felt unsure of speaking about them. Yet God not only gave me the understanding, but I learned valuable information almost every time also. So I have to know in my heart God is planning something big for me. I am trying to prepare the best I know how. I can only say to you that when God sends friends to you, do not run, do not fear. The enemy is counting on you to do just that. But pray and God will equip you with all that you need to further His Kingdom. I feel so blessed to even be able to help. Its not about us, its about God and promoting what is right in this world. Galatians 6:2, Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Let's Pray: Father God, allow us the insight Lord to hear Your calling to help others in need. Father give us strength to rise above our own crisis and help those using the tools You give us.Father allow us the opportunity to praise You and Your Kingdom by answering the call of someone in trouble. Father thank You for all that You do in our lives, please for give us for our sins and we ask all of this in Jesus name...AMEN.

No comments: