Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Monday, July 2, 2012

The Letter

I found this and felt this was to be the post for the day. It spoke volumes to me as I hope it will to you also.  It doesn't have any scripture so i have added a few after the signature. This is an eye opening letter that made my heart sink. I hope you receive something from its harsh lesson and reminder.


The Letter

I awoke this morning sweating and could not cool off. While struggling to get dressed in the dark, my body is screaming in pain from the previous days activities’. I went to wake my spouse, yet they were already gone. “Hmmm, early day?” I ask myself. I then go to wake our child, no one there either. I look for my phone to call and find out what’s going on, I cannot find it. I can’t shake the feeling that something is not right. I stop and close my eyes for just a moment to try and remember if I had forgotten something. Like a lightning bolt hitting me, the memories flooded in. I realized just then why nothing seems right.

It started years ago, leading a life that I wanted. I had no worries, a nice house, good friends and was really just enjoying life. I was soon married and starting the life of sharing with one another. We were in love, but it seemed more of a way of life and not true love. We continued in marriage, struggling, no more than anyone else, it seemed. Then I found God, who showed me a different way to Live. My spouse tried to understand, however never could really fully commit to God. Life soon brought us a beautiful daughter. She bonded us closer together, so we now love each other through her.

God is leading me to bring my spouse to Him. I try everything and really do not understand why it is not happening. We start having more problems; I am turning to God and giving it all to Him. I no longer hear his voice; His warmth of love is fading. What is happening? The storm strengthens; I find my spouse has had an affair. Hurt to the core, I shake God lose and become bent on revenge. I want to repay an eye for an eye using the cover that my marriage is destroyed and how dare this happen to me. In my mind I am justified and God will forgive me, I mean he has to understand, right?

My spouse comes to me asking me for forgiveness, I cannot believe this. No, I cannot forgive this person for this overwhelming treachery. Who does this person think they are? No wonder they didn’t understand God and my efforts. They surely will burn for their betrayal. So I file for divorce, I pull away from all who do not agree with my convictions. My anger is worn as a coat and I bathe in my spouse’s pain for reconciliation. My spouse then tells me of their conversion to Christ. I laugh and nothing but vicious comments lash out, how dare they claim God at a time like this. Our child, distraught, is trying for me to see the bigger picture. I refuse, I try to forgive, but not really. I am going to make my spouse suffer as I am. I am justified and God tells me in scripture that I can, doesn't He?

 I'm angry all over again now that I am remembering, then came a knock at the door and my whole life changed in an instant. There stands a Police officer, His look is very professional and deliberate, I am trying to think what possibly could he want? He then tells me that my spouse and child were killed in a traffic accident. He was the first officer at the scene. My daughter was already gone, but my spouse was pleading to get a message to me. The message was “I’m sorry and I love you”. I dropped down to my knees, lost, confused, shocked and now my whole world….destroyed. Just when I thought the pain could not be worse. They are gone, and in their passing, all my spouse could think of was how they were sorry and that they loved me.  I have been so selfish. Why, why, why?

I am now not just angry at myself, but God too. I start down a path of self-destruction, hiding my guilt, pain and suffering behind the cover of religion. I still went to church, I am really just going through the motions though.  My pain is beyond description. No one can understand me, my family says I will be ok, my church reaches out to me but I have pulled away. I even make a halfhearted attempt at prayer, but it becomes a pain filled, self-absorbed cry. I have been drinking and using the meds the doctor prescribed. They really only dull my senses. The pain is still there when I wake.

Wait a minute, realization has now been revealed. I am still in pain, I am still angry at my spouse, I am still feeling selfish, I still can’t hear God, I still have not forgiven. I cannot cool off, I cannot see the light. I hear a voice, it says "God gave you many chances, he sent you believers to help you back and you could not see past yourself." I now remember that day, I took one too many pills, drank one too many alcoholic beverages and my body ceased being. I am now going to suffer for all eternity. I refused to listen, to reach to God or to accept His attempts to reach me. In my mind I justified my actions, I harbored anger, I refused to forgive and now I am the one lacking forgiveness. My choices have landed me in Hell. Never to see those I love again.

Don’t be like me, look beyond yourselves. Ask and give true forgiveness, let God bless your life before it is too late. Tomorrow is not guaranteed and at any moment you could be me. I beg no one suffers my fate, however I know Satan will receive more and more souls here as the hearts of the world are hardening more each day and some are like I was, and using Gods name to justify my actions. I plead, STOP THIS NOW and let God work in You.  When you see my family, tell them I am sorry and I love them.

Anonymous 

1 John 2:10, "Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble"

Hebrews 12:15, "looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled" 

Revelations 20:11-15, And I saw a great white throne and the one sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds. Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Remember, tomorrow is not guaranteed for you or those around you. You have a chance, take advantage of it now. God has you reading this for a reason. Nothing is by coincidence

Let's Pray: Father God please deliver us from our problems Lord. Father we ask for You forgiveness and we pray to feel Your mercy Lord. We are undeserving Father. We Love you and allow us to vision to see the truth Lord. Please so not let one of us fall short of Your Glory. Father lead us down the path the author should have taken. Father we do not want to be angry, selfish or unforgiving. Lord allow us to find these things through You. We ask all of these things in your sons precious name, Jesus.....AMEN.

No comments: