Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Who do You Honour?

John 5:23, so that everyone will honour the Son, just as they honour the Father. Anyone who does not honour the Son is certainly not honouring the Father who sent him.

Dave Burwell writes: Readers may think this is a stretch, but the meaning once taught about honour seems much different than the definition of honor used today.  The Greek word used for honour is time (pr. tee-may’) which in it’s simplest form means to esteem, to respect, have great regard for, and value highly.  In both dictionaries used (see above); there are two primary definitions:
High regard or great respect given!
High regard or great respect received!
When reflecting on these two meanings, I can only wonder if the “u” that has been removed from honour to get to honor signifies a proverb of the problem.  If a person or group stops focusing on others (U instead of I) then they fall into the trap that Jesus refused in John 5:41, "I receive not honour from men."


I know I used to think just like this. I did not truly Honor my God, Wife, Children, or anyone else in my life, yet I demanded it from everyone. Now I did go through the motions, I stepped up when called upon, I tried to lead the best I knew how, I attempted to do the right things when needed.......I FAILED MISERABLY, as I did not know the true understanding of what this meant. I know many of you think the same as I did. Well today we are going to try and change this perspective a little. It doesn't matter who you are or what season of life you are in, you can use this guide to make a difference.1 Peter 2:17, Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

First is respecting God and His Kingdom, this should be what everything else is founded on. God expects us as Christians to Honour Him and rightly so, if nothing more for the selfless acts God has provided for us to wipe away our sins. We should honor Him with our first fruits, time (beginning of the day), money (tithes) and any other favor in our lives. Our Father deserves these fruits without a reminder or asking for it. We should give freely as we do our Love to Him, while expecting nothing in return. However follow this Kingdom principle and you will find yourself highly blessed. Proverbs 3:9, Honour the LORD with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.

Second, as most of us are adults I am going to place the spouse in this position. As Children our parents would be second, yet they move down when we marry. This particular area is where I failed miserably. I now understand the principle of Honouring my wife, I only got to practice it a short while daily. But I still do it even as we are apart. I follow this Kingdom Law, even when I am alone. 1 Peter 3:7, In the same way, you husbands must give Honour to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered. I learned a little late that I should show her Honour in everything that I do through life. As she is my wife through this life, I will continue to Honour her the rest of my life no matter what. The first thing I can do is Love her unconditionally, no matter what choices are made, no matter what happens in this world, I choose to Love her and in doing so all my decisions are based on this Love. Hebrews 13:4, "Let marriage be held in Honour among all."
Some would tell you I discovered this a bit late, but what is too late? It is never too late as long as we breathe air and have a pulse. Don't wait, start Honouring your spouse today and men, YOU lead the way. There are plenty of scriptures on the Bible to help you understand how to do this. She will regain Love and Respect for you and your relationship will have a new found direction. God can show you how to do this.

Father, Mother, Children and other family members. Loving and Honoring them is just as important as that of your spouse. Romans 12:10, Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honour. Yes they may annoy you, upset you, even offend you. Turn to God and learn how to Love and Honour them even when they will not do the same for you. Show that your light is so very strong and God is the reason. I have witnessed so many children bring their parents to God, by simply leading the way through living Godly. Your own children will return Honour to you if you show it to them. Remember learning is done by mimicking in most cases. So let them see you lead and they will follow.

One of the biggest challenges to Honouring people is when you are upset or at odds with them. This is when Jesus wants you to shone the brightest. This season is when you can make the difference in how your spouse, family and others around you see you. The will have no choice but to Honour you if in times of difficulty you show nothing but Love and Respect. This plants seeds that will grow in all of them. Honouring people in these times also praises God and I can't think of a bigger reason to do it then that. God is waiting to bless you, just ask Him to redefine your life and let Him work. Romans 12:17-21, Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Let's Pray: Father God, Thank You for all that You do in our lives every day. Father we ask that You forgive us of our sins and help us understand the true way to Honour not only You, but those around us also. Father I pray You do not let another couple fall trap to the dishonoring of a covenant by one spouse or the other. Father do not let another family be destroyed and the enemy put another notch in his belt. Father you see the ways of this world and we ask that You show all of us how to Honour You daily. Guide us through the traps the enemy has prepared for us. Show us the fortitude to not only Honour You with our decisions, through Love, but to Honour others close to us by the power of Your Love. Father we ask all of this in Jesus name....AMEN.

No comments: