Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wearing a Label of Persecution

John 15:18-20, “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours.

At some point in our lives, we will all wear a label of some sort. Jesus was a testament to someone who was not bothered by labels. As an example, I myself have already been labeled, friends and even family have labeled me. My own wife has labeled me. Yet I know I have sinned, but Jesus has forgiven me. If the world chooses to persecute me with labels, they will have to face that one day. I am not trying to point anyone out, just show how easy it is to do. If you choose to follow Christ, you will be labelled and persecuted for your beliefs. Our Father will not only protect you, he will bless you also should you choose the Godly response. 

2 Timothy 3:12, Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. The scriptures tells us that the world will call us names and label us. Unless you are walking with God in your heart it is difficult to look at others and Love them as Christ demands we do. You will be offended at the mere presence if those who you label. I was asked this week if I am prepared for what is to come. My answer was simple, God has already prepared me and continues to each day. Even those who were the closest to me choose to dismiss me with contempt. I simply pray for their salvation daily as they are struggling in their walk by the actions they display. So I can say that even though it hurts, even though I know these individuals have sinned also, I still look to Christ for support and strength to Love these people even though my flesh tells me they do not deserve it. 2 Corinthians 12:10, For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

You too may look to persecute some people, letting go of that is not easy. Yet Christ says you must. See a label is just as offensive to God as it is a type of murmuring. You have chose to judge someone, which inadvertently you have placed yourself equal to God as only he is Holy enough to judge. This would not be a position I would like to find myself in, thinking I am Gods equal. Now some of you may scoff at this parable, yet you can find point after point through the scriptures of others who have done something similar. These people find Gods wrath quick and true. Do you want to be one of those who discover Gods wrath? Do you want to take a chance? 

I met a lady this week who chose a godly path in her life and stuck with something that anyone of us would find to be a very difficult situation. She has come under fire from family, friends and even the courts and it has even cost her a marriage. Yet she stands strong through the constant barrage of negativity. God continues to show her victory in every battle. Just being near her and hearing her story gives me strength to soldier on. Any of us could learn from her steadfast dedication to an unpopular cause in today's world. 1 Peter 4:12-14, 16 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.

The easiest way to remember if your actions or statements are worthy of praising God is simple. If it breathes life into someone, lift them up in a Godly positive way, can be found in scripture or can be stated in front of your entire church congregation, you may be on the right track. We can all work at this as every one of us choose to place labels on people daily. Our spouses, children, family and even the people we see in public. This is a behavior we all can change in Christs name and the first step is asking for forgiveness, from our Father and then the person who we have labelled. God will cover us in his blessings for this change and we will draw closer to Him as a result. If you are the one being persecuted turn to this scripture for support, pray it as it has great power. Jeremiah 20:11, But the Lord is with me as a dread warrior; therefore my persecutors will stumble; they will not overcome me. They will be greatly shamed, for they will not succeed. Their eternal dishonor will never be forgotten.

Let's Pray: Father God, please hear our pleas, forgive us for our sins against you and your Kingdom Father. We pray you show us how to not persecute your people Father. For those of us feeling the persecution Lord we ask as in Jeremiah 20:11 that you protect us with those promises. Lord the world is full of non-believers and believers alike that find it ok to cause others to stumble by labeling them. Lord we pray you show them their errors and allow them to find your all encompassing Love Lord. This could be the first step to the healing of fractured relationships Lord. We ask you work in the lives of those struggling Lord and show them they are worthy. Father thank you for all that You do in our lives and we ask these prayers be answered in Jesus name....AMEN.


No comments: