Comments

If this is your first visit to the blog, welcome. I want to encourage comments and remarks, if you can associate with this blog, are not sure how to get back on the path God wants you to be, have been affected by sin, or just have questions, please comment or email me. You will never judged here, you will only find encouragement. I do not know why God has placed this BLOG and it's readers in my life, however I pray that it will help others to either help move back into the light, find some understanding or keep a family from suffering as mine has and is. I will faithfully follow through with this testament as God is using it for His glory. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Opening the Door for The Enemy

Ephesians 6:12, For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 


I believe we are are culpable in opening the door for the enemy to step in our lives at one point or another. In my case I have held the door for him a time or two. What I am seeing now is the enemy is feeding, someone who opened that door, pure mean spirited and destructive roars into an already volatile and tender situation. I pray as hard as possible for relief and he finds a hole in the armor every time. God wants to help us plug those holes so the enemy has no power. Ephesians 6:14, Stand therefore [hold your ground], having tightened the belt of truth around your loins and having put on the breastplate of integrity and of moral rectitude and right standing with God. 

Sin is sin, yet once revealed we tend to want details about the exact nature of the sin. This is Pandora's box. Once the sin has been revealed the details are of no consequence...except to the enemy. See being the sneaky patient being that he is, he prays on our need for details. Its a human trait and one that the enemy know how to exploit. Psalm 142:3, In the way wherein I walked have they privily [secretly] laid a snare for me." As an example, when I were to explain to my wife how I accomplished something, she never wanted to know the details. Yet with my sin she takes any morsel she can obtain. This is not God feeding this fever pitched hunt as the details breathe death. This is where the quote "the Devil is in the details" stems from.  Remember that reliving these details is like a poison, causing the hurt of the offense to be relived over and over. Now these attacks only come when a some headway has been made. Some immediately after the headway has been made. Now how is that explained? No one is immune to this type of attack or behavior, especially when an offense was the catalyst. Someone opened the door for the enemy to pose doubt or question, either then or earlier and he chose then to spring the trap. Be careful not to get caught in this trap, it is easier to do then you think. In Jeremiah 18:22, "For they have dug a pit to capture me and hidden snares for my feet." In this scripture Jeremiah is referring to the "men of Judah" and saying, "Some who call themselves children of God are out to ensnare me. They want to destroy the testimony God has given to me!"

You must first, draw a line in the sand and understand that the sin has been revealed and no matter what attack comes, you do not care to know the exact details. I know enough to forgive and move forward in a Godly way, in a Loving way (1 John 4:8, Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.) I choose to forgive not relive. I keep remembering the statement God put eyes in front of our heads for a reason, so that we look forward not back. So when the enemy rears himself, stop give it to God and do not take the bait. This is something you must practice for it to happen. It will work and God will take it and protect you in return. Do not feed the lion, choose that he will not devour you or your relationship anymore. This is YOUR choice and no one else. Remember we can choose life or death, i pray we all choose life as Jesus gave the ultimate sacrifice so we had the ability to choose. Do not squander what has been bought and paid for. John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Lets Pray: Father God, Thank You for your son Jesus Christ and for giving Him up in the ultimate sacrifice. Father we praise you fro all that you do in our lives. Father God we ask that you use your shield to keep the enemy at bay, yet when he rears his head that You smite him immediately and stop his roar Father. We know that he is cunning, but we also know You can see all of his tricks. Lord prepare us so that we may also recognize his bait Father. Let no one else be hurt, by sins already revealed and forgiven Lord. Show Your overwhelming mercy on those who have opened the door for the enemy and teach them to slam the door now. Father we ask all of this in your sweet sons name, Jesus...AMEN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog several times, never commenting because of my own pain and memories that your story brings to my mind and heart. I have experienced some of the same pain your family has faced and continues to experience. I don't know if your family reads this but I have a message for your wife.
Ma'am: Choose life, choose forgiveness, choose love. Hate, anger and revenge only cause internal pain, never accomplishing the goals you are trying to pursue. Reading this story, I understand you have been betrayed, hurt and embararsssed. I truly understand that pain. Been there, crippled in fear and committed to holding on to my anger. May I refer you to a scripture that has helped me? It is found in I John 4:19-20. "There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us." My fear of being hurt again drove me to say harsh, ugly words that I can never take back. But looking at my own life, how can I judge this person when God himself chose me to love? I am nothing yet he loved me. Finally, I released this fear to God. I cannot say I do not still struggle with my fear, emotions and anger, but I have to turn it over to God on a daily basis. I pray you will choose this as well. It will be worth it!

Aggie said...

Thank you for sharing your comments. I would like to encourage you and all who read this to share. I know there are many more out there struggling through the real issues of life. I only hope this blog can share that. Be blessed and may God give you peace.